Members take a hit in Keysborough GC fire.
THE clubhouse at Keysborough Golf Club in Melbourne was virtually untouched following a ferocious fire that destroyed the buggy storage area and damaged a section of the pro shop recently.
Keysborough Golf Club director of golf Darren Eckhardt told Inside Golf the blaze was so intense the buggy storage area had to be bulldozed.
The fire was ferocious with about 10 fire trucks attending. Fire-fighters said the entire building (clubhouse) would have gone up had they arrived five minutes later. The whole clubhouse could have gone up, but fortunately it wasn’t damaged. Between 80 and 100 sets of clubs owned by members were lost along with hire clubs, the repair bench and batteries. 100 per cent of pro shop stock was written off due to smoke and water damage.